Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Breastfeeding Dolls

Today I learned an important lesson: If you ever want to get a picture of yourself and how you act, you should watch your children. It's always unexpected to get a call from your child's teacher, but today was particularly entertaining. I know Alexis is quite maternal and loves to take care of things (both real life and pretend), but today, apparently, Alexis decided to breastfeed her doll in school. Alexis's teacher called today just to share the humorous story that I'm sure made its way throughout her entire school. Alexis was "nursing" her doll and talking on the phone at the same time because according to her "had so many things to do". Hmm...I wonder where she hears that. (By the way, I'm particularly good at multitasking!). By the end of the day, all the children, including the boys, were breastfeeding their own dolls. I'm so glad Alexis can influence her friends in such a productive way. I'm looking forward to the next phone call from a parent of one of her friends asking why Alexis taught their children about breastfeeding. Of course, the teachers took a picture so I'm looking forward to seeing that!!! Gotta love three year olds!

No comments:

Post a Comment