Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Prima Ballerina


Alexis had her first ballet class today. I'm not sure who was more excited....Alexis or me. She was totally pumped up about wearing her new leotard and tights, but couldn't figure out why she didn't have ballet shoes. I told her it was because we needed to borrow them for the first time. I did not tell her that really it was because I didn't want to invest in ballet and tap shoes prior to knowing if she was going to participate in the class. I could totally picture Alexis looking adorable in her brand new leotard and ballet shoes glued to my leg while never setting foot in the dance room. Luckily, she separated quite easily, and she LOVED it!!! Even though the first 20 minutes she stood there like a statue and little girls were practically running her over while "sashaying" across the floor, she finally warmed up and began to move her feet around a bit. But when it came time to put on the Tinkerbell costume and dance out the story, Alexis was the only one not wearing a costume....apparently, she did not want to look like everyone else and don the green tinkerbell fairy clothes. Little Miss Unique and Independent!!! Overall, I think it was a success and we will be going back next week after purchasing her OWN ballet and tap shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment