Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This One Takes the Cake

As you know, Alexis has not really been napping anymore, but still going to her room while Max naps for some "alone" time. Really that translates to "mommy" alone time, but, hey, who's keeping track???? Well, today was no exception and Alexis went willingly into her room and was playing in there by herself. She used to wear a pull up to nap because she can't seem to hold it in while sleeping, but since she has not been sleeping, we make sure she pees before going into her room and she keeps her underwear on. I leave her room with her happily playing and go to the computer. After about 30 minutes, I hear her freaking out. This is not unusual so I wait it out a few minutes. She is continuing to freak out. So I go and open her door and I'm hit with a very foul odor. I ask Alexis, "Did you poop?" She says, "Yes". But then I remember that I did not put a pull up on her. And then I do a double take and look at her and see that she is no longer wearing her tights, skirt, and underwear, but she has a pull up on. Hmmmm...... "Alexis, did you put that pull up on?" "Yes", she says. Um, okay, why? "Because I had to poop". Um, okay, did you not think about coming out of your room and going to the bathroom. "Yes, but you told me to stay in my room". Don't you just love the literal nature of 3 year olds. Wow, taught me a lesson as I'm changing her. Hey, Alexis, do me a favor.....next time LEAVE YOUR ROOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment