Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Proud

Alexis's 4th birthday was Sunday, which is unbelievable. It is so crazy to me that 4 years can go by so quickly. 4 years ago I was overcome with the joy, stress, and worry that came along with my baby girl. I never imagined it would be this amazing. This past year, I have enjoyed watching her begin ballet and tap, make her own friends, and be the most loving big sister.

For her birthday, she wanted a rainbow cake. So, of course, a rainbow cake was what she was getting. But not just any rainbow cake. A rainbow cake made by her mama. I know, I know....those of you who know me well can stop laughing at the fact that I was actually going to bake something. I decided that not only was I going to make it, but I was going to go ALL out. 6 layers of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple caky goodness. 6 streaks of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple smooth as a baby's tushie sweet icing. And it tasted freakin' good too.Of course it was adorned with footballs since it was a football and cheerleading party. And, when it was cut into.....just perfectly gorgeous!!!!Ok, ok, enough about the cake. Yes, she wanted a cheerleading party, but we had to expand to include football for the boys. So we used our resources and hired 4 students from Ben's school to come and perform and teach the kids about football and cheerleading and have them participate in various moves and cheers. Alexis's favorite part was the two cheers they made up specifically for her using her name. Here are a few highlights:

Alexis dressed up for the day.
Max with the dudes.
Hayden trying out the gear!
Erika catching a ball!Amanda kicking a field goal!
And cheer time!Bess trying on a uniform and posing with a real cheerleader!

And of course a special guest.....Corky the Longhorn!!!! You'll never guess who was inside :)And a group shot, minus a few kids!

We had our tailgate at the tables with a sack lunch. Then, of course, the cake. I think we heard enough about the cake, but Alexis was so happy with her cake, that this picture says it all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment