Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Big Man on Campus

It's official. I have two kids in preschool. Yup, today was Max's first day of school. And, yes, I cried last night. I don't know why. I didn't cry on Alexis's first day of school. But for some reason Max just seems littlier. Is that a word? Well, it is now.

Alexis was so excited to have Max be at school with her. Here are some photos from the morning before we left. It's amazing....we actually had a few extra minutes to take some pictures.
They are so cute, I could eat them. Max really wanted to wear his backpack. I say that it is "his" backpack, but really it is Ben's. Of course, Alexis had her very own special backpack on her first day of school, but somehow I ran out of time to get one for Max. I guess that's a second child for you. So he borrowed Ben's. It was about as big as him. And don't worry, I ordered him his very own today because gosh forbid you could find a backpack in a store in January. He is just so sweet. I can't believe he is actually big enough to go to school. The interesting thing is the 30 minute conversation I had the night before with his teacher. It went something like this: "Hi, Michelle, I'm Mrs. W., Max's new teacher. I just wanted to call and say hello and see if there were any questions you had or anything you wanted to discuss before tomorrow". Me: "Oh, well, Max does this thing where he holds his breath, turns blue, and passes out, usually once a day, but I'm sure you'll have a great time with him. Bye!". No, actually, it didn't quite end there. It's always interesting explaining this feature of Max's. Especially to anyone who is responsible for his care. You don't want to totally freak them out, but just enough so that they are careful and watch him closely and know how to care for him during and afterward so that he remains safe. Luckily, I feel quite confident in his teacher and the school. So off he goes!
We got to school and Alexis wanted to walk him to his classroom. Once we got there, she helped him hang up his backpack and coat. Then she played with him. But soon it was time to take her to her room. I told Max we were going and with big eyes, he said, "come". Nope, sorry, baby, you are staying. He said wearily, "stay?". Yes, baby, I'll be back. And off he went to play. Wow! When I picked them up, it was so adorable. Max was sleeping!!!!! They said he fell asleep during lunch. But my favorite part is that they said during morning sing (where all the classes are together), Max sat on Alexis's lap the whole time. How sweet! I love them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment