Monday, August 9, 2010

Grammar Lessons

Being a speech pathologist and all, I pride myself on my children's language acquisition and like to think that I had something to do with their early language development. Max at two years old uses sentences the length of an 8 year old and vocabulary at the level of a 5 year old. He really is ridiculous! But I found his flaw yesterday. He did not want to go up for his nap so I decided to play along. I started chasing him and he said he was going to hide. Which to a two year old, hiding means stopping wherever you happen to be, closing your eyes, and putting your head down. Do they actually think we can't see them? So I played along and said, "Max, oh Max, where ever could Max be?" He pops his cute little head up and brightly says, "There me are!" How can you resist this face????

No comments:

Post a Comment