Sunday, March 15, 2009

Alexis's Brilliant Comments

Many people I'm sure experience the same problem with their pet once children are born into the equation. Riley, who used to be our Queen, showered with attention and love, has gradually over the last three years, lost her spotlight. About 2 years ago, she decided that when she was mad at us, she would pee outside the bathroom door downstairs (despite the fact that she has a doggie door and can go outside whenever she pleases). So I thought, well, I'll teach her.....I put up a gate so she couldn't get to that area. Well, actually, she taught me.....because then she kept peeing next to the gate and all along the neighboring wall. We got tired of paying all the time for someone to come clean the carpets so finally for Hanukkah this year we asked for something totally outrageous.....a steam cleaner! Ben has used it numerous times, but since she continues to pee there on a regular basis, there always seems to be a spot that needs to be done. Yesterday, I asked Ben if it was a pain to bust out the steam cleaner for just one spot because I found looking at this one particular spot really annoying. So my little darling Alexis overhears and tells me in her 'tude, "Well, then stop looking at it". Followed up by her walking over to it, putting her foot over it, and saying, "here, I'll hide it for you". Thanks, Alexis!

No comments:

Post a Comment