Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Teething Torture

While I've never actually been tortured (you know...water boarding, etc.), I imagine this is what it would feel like. Dealing with a teething child. Max only recently got his first tooth and we saw little to no evidence of teething. We preemptively decided that teething was not going to bother Max. Unfortunately, we were wrong...dead wrong. Max's gums on the bottom next to the newly erupted tooth had been looking a little puffy the last few days, but other than that no symptoms were evident. Until yesterday. Then, out of nowhere, Max turned into a snotty hot mess. But of course I can't wipe his nose because he hates it, gets mad, holds his breath, and passes out. So I have to leave him and his snot to their own devices. He has become that kid walking around the grocery store with snot pouring out his nose that every time I walk by I think "GROSS...why can't that inept mother wipe her kid's nose". I have now become that mother. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I have also become that mother that I always scoff at who lets their kid be out in public with a soaking wet shirt. My comment was always "just change the dumb thing if it's so wet". I now understand....what is the point? How many shirts can a kid go through in a day? In addition to the lake that is primarily composed of snot that we have been collecting and the pile of wet laundry, he has become an inconsolable, sleepless disaster. Like I said....torture. Let's only hope that damn tooth comes up soon and we can all just be little happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment