Monday, May 25, 2009

Chatty Maxy

It is so fun now that Max has begun to talk, but last night we discovered how much his older and wiser sister influences him. To begin, I thought I would chronicle a list of his words since I always forget to write them down, and in 10 years when I want to remember I can look back at this blog post :) Here are Max's words to date: hi, bye, brush, ball, yay, knock, aflac (don't ask), bow (i.e., rainbow), ri (i.e., Riley), ha day (i.e., happy birthday), and the newest word "NO". Last night driving in the car, Alexis was being her darling little self and when Ben told her to stop yelling and be quiet so Max could sleep, she yelled, "NO". Of course we pulled over and she got taken out of the car in the rain so Ben could have a little chat with her. And by the time the car was in park, before she was grabbed from the seat, she was already saying "ok, I"ll be quiet and I won't yell". Anyway, point to the story is that after that, Max started yelling "no" and the top of his lungs. And continued to do so most of the way home. And has continued it this morning. Somehow we didn't have a bad little teacher for Alexis, but Max has the best to learn from. His sister, with a large vocabulary. I guess now that he is a big one year old he thinks he can have a sassy mouth. We'll see how long it takes him to realize :) But he does have an older sister who recently said to me when I asked her to do something, "You are not my boss" to which I responded "oh yes I am". I guess it's still a work in progress!!!! Here is the little bugger on his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment