Friday, May 29, 2009

"Not Normal"

Click the link and read this short article and you'll understand the rest of this post:
Breast Feeding Toddler

Well, apparently according to some people in this article, Alexis is "not normal" because she does this ALL the time. You could just check out an earlier link and see a picture for yourself. While I would not plaster her photo in a hospital lobby or anyone where else like that (wait, didn't I publish it on my blog???). I guess I could consider that "private" space since it is MY blog, but anyone and their dog could go and check my blog out. However, I happen to agree with the author and not those that she is quoting in that "If it is perfectly normal for a toddler to give her doll a toy bottle, it would also be normal for her to pretend to nurse her. After all, that is how breastfed babies eat. They sell toy baby bottles in the store. So, if a toddler nurses or sees her mom nursing her younger sibling, she would clearly emulate her mother." I happen to think it's awfully cute when Alexis does this. She also plays with toy bottles and feeds her babies this way too, as well as putting them in their high chair and feeding them pretend cheerios. She is quite motherly and nurturing. Anyway, I just thought this was an interesting article that I came across.

No comments:

Post a Comment