Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Sweet Baby

The kids and I had a very fun summer day today. First, was the not fun part - Max's 12 month checkup at the doctor's office. He did fine....still a small fry weighing in at 17 pounds, 2 ounces (not on the chart yet!). He got two shots and only cried minimally. No passouts while we there for the doctor to witness. After the doctor, we went over to the Avenue for a "picnic" lunch at a table outside and to walk around (aka shop). While we were sitting at the table eating, I started hearing the tornado sirens. Of course, my brain immediately says to myself, "oh they must be testing the tornado sirens" since it was a beautiful sunny day today. It was so natural to me that I didn't even say anything about it to Alexis. But my sweet little Alexis's naive little brain says to me while looking up with big bright eyes, "I think that's God". My heart melted and of course I laughed. After I told her what it really was, she says, "well, I thought it was God because I could hear it from the sky far away". So sweet..... We talk about God often, she says her prayers at night, and she talks about Opa being with God, but I still didn't think she had any real understanding of what God was. I guess she has more thoughts than I realize at her ripe old age of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment