Friday, June 19, 2009

Pool Progress

Alexis has been making great strides in the pool despite the fact that we haven't started swimming lessons yet (they will be starting on Tuesday). Our pool gets overly crowded in the evenings and one evening last week we decided to brave the pool. Alexis was enthralled with watching two tiny little girls jumping in the pool with their swimmies on and getting under water. She said, "Mommy, I want to jump to you". I thought, yeah right! But she actually started slowly basically falling to me, and worked her way up to a jump as long as I didn't let her go under. Finally, after some behavior modification she was able to swim holding my hands, progress to holding one hand, to finally achieve no hands!!!! Here is the proof:



She has now had multiple chances to perfect her swimming. On Thursday, I took the two kids to the pool myself, which is now a lot more fun now that Alexis will swim with us. All of a sudden out of no where she started a conversation that went like this:

Alexis: "Mommy, isn't it wonderful?"

Me: "Isn't what wonderful, Lex?"

Alexis: "That I can swim now."

Me: "Yes, Alexis. It is wonderful".

What is she preparing for the SAT? Who actually uses the word wonderful?

Here's my wonderful girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment