Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Alexis puts the Drama in Dramatic

In four years of Alexis being in preschool, I don't think I ever got a phone call to pick her up because she was sick. She doesn't even really get sick that much. But on day #7 of kindergarten the phone call came from the school nurse. Of course, my cell phone rang and when I didn't know the number, I didn't answer the phone. But I work on Tuesdays and so they called my work number. (Aside-of course I work one day a week where I am inaccessible and that's the one day she decides to get sick). Anyway, I guess I should program the school nurse into my phone, huh? I get there and she seems pretty content but says that her stomach hurts. She is walking all hunched over and I'm thinking the worst like we will end up in the ER and having her appendix taken out. I take her to my office and she lays crouched on a pillow and sips water. She thumbs through some books. Then she asks for her lunch box. It was about 1:00 by now and her class eats lunch at 10:45 and she didn't eat so it would make sense she was hungry. Then she goes to the bathroom. Then miraculously she is cured. It really is amazing. She had me convinced there for a minute we were dealing with something serious, but alas, I should know better. I asked her when she told her teacher her stomach hurt just out of curiosity of how it all went down. She said she didn't tell her. Well, Alexis, how did you end up in the nurse's office then? "Well, I was too scared to tell her but when I was walking funny she asked me what was wrong so I told her then". Oh dear. Hopefully, she doesn't ever have anything too important to tell her. At least now she is fine and this better not become a habit.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment