Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Couple Firsts

Maizy had a couple of "firsts" in the food department these past couple weeks. The first situation was not by my choice at all and in fact I was appalled by the gall of a complete stranger. We were at a new restaurant in the neighborhood and had a good experience there except that it was soooooo hot in there. Anyway, when the check came the waitress brought three dum dum lollipops. One for each kid. Fine. Alexis and Max of course asked to eat it. Fine. Maizy was just holding hers seeing as how she has never had a lollipop or any candy for that matter. She thought it was a really cool toy. I was amused by her playing with it in total innocence until as I was looking down searching in my bag for something the waitress ripped the wrapper off and stuffed the lollipop in her mouth. Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!? My first instinct was to grab it out but she had already experienced that sweet taste. She freaked when I took it. So of course she was allowed a few more licks at that point. But seriously shouldn't a complete stranger ask before shoving a lollipop into a one year old's mouth. Pissed. Yes, I was. But she was awfully cute.


I'm pretty sure Alexis had her first lollipop about a month before she turned two.


Fast forward a couple of weeks and Maizy had another first. At least this one was my doing. I made juice popsicles from organic corn syrup free orange mango juice. The older two had them last night. Maizy recently is showing interest in what other people are eating. So here was the result:

YouTube Video

At least it was an item I didn't mind her having and it was my choice. I'll give you that I'm a little controlling over what my kids eat but I think I at least deserve the right to give my own kid her first lollipop in my own time and not by some stranger. I wish I was a bigger b$&@" and I would have given her a piece of my mind. She even had the gall to ask if it was her first lollipop (I guess all the picture taking gave it away) and then laugh when we said yes. She didn't even feel bad.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment