Monday, August 22, 2011

Kindergarten

It's official.....we made it through our first week of kindergarten and have begun week #2. Alexis was thrilled to wake up early on the first day and bolt out the door to the bus stop.


I totally pictured her crying and us dragging her but she proved me wrong. She met her friend at the bus stop and when that big yellow cheese pulled up, she hopped right on. And by that I mean she clung onto her friend and kept turning to make sure she was still behind her. But no tears. I was so taken aback by how calm this went that I was the one who shed the tears. I figured I wouldn't cry because I was going to be so focused on getting Alexis onto the bus and struggling with her but it was almost too easy and so the tears came. Ben had already been busy that morning decorating the sidewalk in sidewalk chalk with motivating phrases like "you can do it", "one step at a time", and "learning starts this way" with arrows all the way to the bus stop. It was very creative and only a teacher would think of it. Each day has been harder and harder at wake up time. But not for Alexis.....for me. Yikes! I guess we will all get used to it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment