Sunday, September 6, 2009

Just A Crazy Day

After the vet (see below), we dropped Riley off at home and went to a park about 45 minutes away to meet up with our friend Kimberly and her two kids. I should say that in the morning before we left, Alexis asked for a drink in her water bottle. It's a pretty sizable water bottle with princesses on it so I figured it would pretty much last her all day. When we got in the car the first thing that morning at about 8:30am it was full, when we got out of the car at 9:00 at the vet, she drank about 1/5 of it. Of course, she had to pee while we were at the vet. Ok, fine. Get back in the car around 10:40am. We are about 30 minutes into our 45 minute drive and I hear, "Mmmoooommmmmyyyy, I have to pee". Well, Alexis, there is really nothing I can do about it right now. I think we are almost there. Trying to take her mind off of it, we are singing and goofing around in the car. We finally arrive at the park.....a very large park......a very large park that we have never been to before so I don't know where anything is......a very large park at which I do NOT see a bathroom within running distance. I pull Alexis out of the car and she can't even walk because her legs are crossed and she is grabbing her crotch. Clearly, no bathroom in sight. Well, Alexis, we are going to pee right here. She just sort of looks at me like I am from Pluto or something. "Here, mommy? Like, next to our car in the parking lot?" Yup, right here in front of our car in the parking lot. I held her up and she peed. So much pee that I didn't even know her tiny little body could hold that much pee. Then she says, "mommy, that was fun". Of course, then I lift up her water bottle that was almost full before the car ride, and it now is empty. Hmmm....I wonder why she had to pee so bad?!?!?!?!?! Anyway, fun times were had by all:


As we are leaving the park, Alexis says, "Hey, mommy, who took us to the park?" Well, we took ourselves to the park, Lex. "Oh, well, thank you self", she says!!! I'm glad she is so polite to herself! We are almost home and she asks if she is going to Bubum's house tonight. (FYI - Bubum is my mom). Yup, we are, Lex. "Am I spending the night?" Yup, you are, Lex. "That's beautiful", she says. Ok, not quite the adjective I would have chosen, but I guess it works.

1 comment:

  1. Funny! I wish I could have captured the picture (at least of the "lake" left by Alexis). Oh, and just so you know...when we were at the pool, Haley said "I want to pee-pee the way Alexis does!" (then proceeded to tell Clint that she goes pee-pee on the sidewalk). :)

    ReplyDelete