Thursday, September 17, 2009

Max's First Haircut

We decided it was time for Max to endure his first haircut. I personally liked the shaggy out of control quality it had begun to take on, but he often got called a girl. Surprisingly, the "boy" clothing didn't give it away. I really wanted to respond to those people, "do you think I would dress a daughter this way?" But anyway, we made the appointment to tidy him up. Here is his before picture.
I guess I can kinda see why he needed a haircut and not to wait until he turned 2 like we did for Alexis. Here is Max watching the person before him get a haircut. In complete and total awe. But still I had visions of Max screaming hysterically in the chair. The rule at the salon where I go is that children cannot sit on laps for haircuts because it is dangerous to have a scissor near the parent's neck in case the child should make a sudden movement. Logical! Here is Max getting in the chair. A bit of a different reaction! I think he liked seeing himself in the mirror!!!! Anyway, she asked what I wanted and I was SOOOOO specific that I liked his shaggy hair and I DID NOT want him to have a short little boy cut. I WANTED it to be long still, but just shaped and a little more under control. So, the haircut begins:



Max was highly entertained by touching his hair and by watching Ben blow it up in the air! So much fun. And no crying!!!

Big sister, Lexi, wanted to stand by him and hold his hand just to encourage him while he was getting his hair cut. I have to just insert here that she is quite possibly the sweetest sister I have EVER seen.


So adorable! But before I could realize it, she just kept cutting and cutting. I guess I was too busy taking pictures and should have been paying more attention.
And now he looks like Lloyd Christmas from Dumb and Dumber!!!! I cried. Yes, I know it will grow back, but I cried. The back and sides are ok, although, shorter than I wanted, but the front is straight out of a slap stick comedy. At least, he won't need another haircut for 6 months. Here is an after picture:
Can you see the resemblance?????
I am just going to start calling him Lloyd. And, yes, I'm still crying. Ask me again in a month.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, adorable - this was such a cute post! I love the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me laugh. Max is still just as cute as ever!! love Alexis holding his hand :)

    ReplyDelete