Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Rainy Day

Today was a very rainy day so we did not want to go outside. (Secretly, I also did not want to take Max into public with his haircut). See post below if you don't know what I'm talking about. So I busted out a new toy that Alexis had gotten for Hanukkah. Yes, I know Hanukkah was 9 months ago and it's going to be Hanukkah again in 3 months. But we like to conserve new things. Especially since her birthday is usually about 10 days after Hanukkah, it is sort of like present overload. So we take about half of what she gets for both Hanukkah and her birthday and put it in the closet. That way on rainy days with nothing to do, she gets a new toy. It actually works really well. So today we busted out the Cool Bake Princess Oven while Max was napping.
For some reason, it was also necessary to wear this hideous hat while baking. Don't know why and I don't question some things.
I really do not understand how you can Cool Bake something. I mean isn't the whole idea of cooking that you need heat. Instead, we put ice cubes in the bottom of this oven and it is supposed to "bake" the cupcakes. I use the term bake very loosely because baking to me involves some sort of heating element. Man, these princesses really are magic. Miraculously they actually formed into a "cupcake" and I use that term loosely as well because they were a bit "gel-ish" and mushy. But she happily frosted them and put sprinkles on them. And then my dear daughter ate them for snack. She said, "wow, mom" because we NEVER eat cupcakes for snack. Snack usually involves something nutritious such as fruit or cheese, or if we are being really daring one day maybe even pretzels or rice cakes!!!! But on this special rainy day, cupcakes it is! Then, surprisingly to a stranger, but not surprising to me at all, she left half of it on the plate and threw it away.
That is just how Alexis is. But, when we have grapes for a snack, she gobbles them up. I guess that's why I have to buy her size 18 month shorts/skirts because that's what size fits her waist. I have relentlessly tried to find her a pair of jeans for this fall now that it will hopefully start to get cooler. I have returned three pairs because if they "fit" her waist (I use "fit" loosely again because seriously unless it is size 18 months it does not fit her waist), they are WAY to short. I know that someone will suggest the adjustable waist pants, but, you better believe I have tried those too. Imagine a billowing parachute, and that's what those look like on her because I have to cinch them in as far as they go and then her hips end up looking like a circus clown. Don't be surprised if you do not see Alexis in pants at all this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment