Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Lesson in the Truth

Alexis apparently has gained a conscience. This morning as I was straightening up the house, I could not find our album of Disney pictures that is usually next to the TV on the entertainment center. I wondered aloud, "hmmm....where are the Disney pictures? Oh, well, I'll find them later".

Fastforward to arriving back home this afternoon after picking Alexis up at school. We put Max in his crib and get into our room. Alexis says, "mom, I have to tell you the truth". Oh, god.....what did she do????? "Ok, Lex".

"I have to tell you the truth and the truth is about the Disney pictures". Sure, Lex, what about them? "Well, the truth is that I hid them". Where did you hide them and why did you hide them? "Well, the truth is that I hid them behind the chair in the family room because I didn't want you to find them. Well, clearly, but why? "The truth is that I didn't mean to do it." Didn't mean to do what exactly? "Well, the truth is that I ripped a page by accident and I didn't mean to". Well, let's go down and take a look.

What it appeared was that she was flipping a page and one of the holes ripped (it's like a 4 ring binder type photo album), and then she continued ripping all the holes so the entire page came out.

Ok, Alexis, it's not a big deal, but you should have told me right away if it was an accident and you didn't mean to do it. I can fix things when you tell me about them, but you can't just hide things. "Ok, mom, sorry".

I should also add that I got a phone call this morning from Alexis's teacher. She was calling to check and see if Alexis was supposed to go home with her friend today because apparently the two girls were trying to convince her that was the case. She was NOT supposed to go home with the other little girl today. She was supposed to go home with her on Monday, but the other girl got sick so the playdate was canceled. I told Alexis we would reschedule, but clearly she took that upon herself today! I guess they were pretty convincing if the teacher actually called me to check! Maybe they should be lawyers!

No comments:

Post a Comment