Monday, February 8, 2010

Redemption

Even though there are days when I want to pull my hair out and run away from home (see previous post), they are few and far between. Most days I look at my kids with awe. I feel confident that I already have many of those posts so I don't need to justify it too much. But I thought I would add this one thing that happens most nights at our house. Alexis adores Max so much. She reads him a story at night and sings the Shema with him since he usually goes to bed first. While that is sweet, not the sweetest thing she does. She has a Tinkerbell music box that she loves. Each night she places it outside Max's bedroom door so he can hear it as he falls asleep. And each morning she retrieves it when we go get Max out of his crib, and she puts it back on her shelf. I guess that redeems them from the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment