Friday, February 19, 2010

My Little Spiritual Girl

I received an email from Alexis's teacher that went to the entire class about an incident that happened at lunch one day. Basically, the kids have been learning about "investigating" lately. And that the Puppies (what her class is called) have been putting on clear safety goggles, carrying around a magnifying glass and looking at things in the room, down the hall, out the windows, etc. One day, the teacher told them, "Every great investigator needs a clipboard so he/she can write/draw about what they see." They took turns sharing the clipboard and drawing the things they were investigating. On this particular day, it was puzzles and magnetic marbles. The teacher asked them during lunch, if they could investigate or find out more information on anything, what would it be? Here were some of the responses:
  • balls
  • princesses
  • how did God make himself
  • blankets
  • shoes
  • "I'm wondering somehow did...how does God make everything?"
  • painting
  • a banana that is yucky
  • how do lights turn on
  • costumes
  • how do people make light bulbs
  • how did God make princesses
I thought this email was cute enough, until I got a second email sent just to me. Here is the email she sent: Today at lunch (from the previous email, you can see we all had lots to talk about!), Alexis leans over to me and whispers, "God is a butterfly." I replied, "Alexis, I love that thought!"

I don't know where she comes up with things sometimes, but I agreed, and thought her statement was quite beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment