Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pure Joy

Finding absolute, pure joy in something solely for another person is almost humanly impossible. I mean think about the times in your life you have actually felt complete satisfaction and enjoyment for someone else that had absolutely nothing to do with you. I really think it is human nature not to feel this way for anyone other than your children. Luckily for me I have two of them (almost 3!). I have to say this is what I felt when at Disney World with Alexis. I found myself to be completely content just because she was so happy. I could not wipe the smile off my lips or my heart simply because she was happy. It is so cliche to say there's no place on earth quite like Disney World, but when looking through the eyes of a 4 year old, it is oddly true. There is some bizarre aura that allows you to forget about everything that you have left behind and be so completely engulfed in the moment. I have to admit I can't even remember the last time I could say I was totally immersed in a "moment" where I did not have 15 other things rotating through my mind. But for 3 days, I was there. Only experiencing awe and amazement. It is so refreshing to view the world through Alexis's eyes where Cinderella is real, Tinkerbell flies, and the biggest worry is finding Daisy Duck. At first, I thought "why does life not stay as simple and magical as when we are 4"? But to answer my own question, it can. All I have to do is look at Alexis and I can relive the magic.

Alexis meeting her idol!

No comments:

Post a Comment