Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Obsession

I have a new obsession -- Quinoa. Thanks definitely goes out to a friend for introducing me to it back in April because I now get to enjoy it in multiple ways. For those of you who have NO clue what quinoa is, it is an ancient crop that grows in South America. It is not technically a grain, but can substitute for nearly any grain in cooking. Actually the seed of a leafy plant, quinoa’s relatives include spinach and beets. It is rich in protein, iron, potassium and many vitamins and minerals. It is also a good source of dietary fiber and is easily digested.
I have become obsessed with cooking quinoa for it's nutritional value, but also because it is so darn good in so many different ways. I've learned many new recipes including Quinoa with sun dried tomatoes, Quinoa Salad, Quinoa with Hoisin Vegetables, etc. Yummy! Just thought I would share my new love for quinoa. Maybe if you are lucky I'll post my recipes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment