Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Unflower Girl

The main purpose of our trip up North was for my cousin's wedding in which Alexis was the flower girl. We practiced and practiced walking up and down our pretend aisle holding our invisible basket and tossing our imaginary flowers. The big day came and Alexis was so pumped up. She looked absolutely fabulous!She was so excited to be the flower girl and wear a big fluffy white dress just like Marisa. We arrived in the bridal suite and she was just in awe!!!
But as time ticked by and more and more unfamiliar faces began to appear, she started to get cold feet. She would not take any of the professional pictures. Here she is screaming while trying to get a bridal party picture:
After pictures, she was still very serious about her job of putting flowers down for Marisa. She stayed back with my mom while I went to sit up front so she could walk to me. She made it about 1/4 of the way down the aisle before realizing that 200 people were staring at her. She turned around and bolted for the back door.
I had to chase her down and drag her down the aisle. She still wouldn't throw the petals, so guess who threw them for her.....yup, me! I'm a bit old to be a flower girl, but I think I did a pretty good job.

After the trauma of the aisle, once the party began, she was ready to boogie down. And boogie down she did....ALL AFTERNOON. I don't think she left the dance floor at all.
She and Max were just too adorable!!

I think they both had a fabulous time! Even though Max was the only one to actually demonstrate his exhaustion, I think we all felt like this afterwards:

No comments:

Post a Comment