Saturday, August 29, 2009

This Last Week's Events

There has been no post this week because we had been staying at my mom's house since Tuesday and got home last night. She went to New Jersey so we were staying with her dog and her computer is a total waste of energy and should be thrown out the window (but that is a whole 'nother story) so I didn't even attempt a post. Besides babysitting Elmo, the 80 pound black lab, it also helped that I was there to be at the house while all the insurance adjusters came seeing as my mom's car was driven through the house (the piece of house that is in between the garage doors). Unfortunately, it wasn't my mom that did it (and no, it wasn't me either)!! I will not mention her name as I think she feels bad enough already without the blog world knowing about it too. (And as another side note, my only picture was on my cell phone, so maybe I'll have one to add to this post later). Either way, the guy came to estimate the damage to the house and a different guy came to estimate the car. In addition, the garage door people and the stucco people. The whole point of my story though is that I really hate when workers come to the house and I have to let them inside when I am alone. But at my mom's house I NEVER have to worry about it.....thanks to her dog. Really, Elmo is just the sweetest dog ever, but he DESPISES workers of any kind. So of course I have to put him in the basement when they come because we don't want any law suits on our hands, but really just hearing his bark is totally enough to scare the living crap out of all of them. Even when Elmo is in the basement and barking, it is still loud enough to make them think he is somewhere close by with chompers just waiting to sink into something juicy!!!! But, really, I promise, he is a sweet dog! See, look at that sweet face!!! Riley, on the other hand, is the official "let me lick your face off, and snuggle up to your leg, welcoming committee" to any person that walks up to our door. A watchdog, she isn't. But she does allow Max to pull her ears, step on her tail, and bash his sippy cup on her head without even a flinch. I think she secretly enjoys it because it is attention that she has severely been lacking these last 3 1/2 years. But, man, did she have the life before Alexis was born. She has really aged in the last few years too. I guess kids do that to everyone....even the dog. I mean she is only 6, but look at these pictures of her.....one from 2005 and one from 2009 and check out her graying hair (I guess she really is a child of Ben's!).

No comments:

Post a Comment