Sunday, August 23, 2009

Not My Child Monday!!!!

This week, join me as we say, "Not my child!" and share the horrendous, embarrassing or regrettable things that there is no way our precious children were caught doing! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else's children have NOT been doing this week.

Max has not decided that his simple bedtime routine of "drop me in the crib and walk out the door" wasn't working for him anymore. He has not somehow convinced us to spend a little longer by grabbing onto our necks and clawing our shoulders. (Come on, buddy, you have to be simpler than the 30 minute routine Alexis has created!).

Alexis did not poop in her bathing suit while at the pool the other night! After showering off in the bathroom and leaving said bathroom buck naked, she certainly did not want to get back in the pool, naked. (FYI, we were the only people at the pool, thank goodness!!!!). And, no, she did not get back in (for real).

Since I forgot to take Alexis to dance class last week (see an earlier post), I kindly reminded her this morning to remind me that dance was this afternoon. So when I picked her up from school, Alexis did not ask, "mommy, did you bring your brain today so you can take me to dance?".

Max did not pee on the bathroom floor right as he was getting in the bathtub the other day. He would definitely know better than that!!!

Alexis did not somehow convince me while at Chick-Fil-A with a friend to allow her and her friend to go into the play area without the moms. And then she did not fall off the playground and proceed to cry and have some random man bring her out asking who her mother was. I was so NOT that mom that I talk about ALL the time wondering where a kid's parent is. Lesson learned.......

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of the 30 minute bedtime, on his third time out of bed the other night, Benji said, "I need to go downstairs to check if all my toys are organized." Good one, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. chick fil a..... I seem to not remember a parent leaving a child at mcdonalds in place of a fish sandwich. you never live those down!!!!

    ReplyDelete