Sunday, August 16, 2009

Random Comments

Here are a couple random conversations we have had with Alexis over the last few days:

Me: Hey, Lex, why don't you use a fork to eat that?
Alexis: It's just not my thing.


Alexis: Mommy, can we do playdough?
Me: Not right now. We are about to go to the pool.
Alexis: Fine, well, you can't sit next to me anymore.


Alexis sitting on the step outside of the bathtub with only a towel on after Ben gave her a bath and I was in the laundry room.
Alexis: MOMMY!!!!!
Ben: What do you need, Lex? Mommy is in the laundry room and I am right here.
Alexis: No, I need Mommy.
I come in.
Me: Yes, Alexis.
Alexis: Do I need to dry my hair?
Ben: Wow, I really have no authority here do I?


At the pool, Alexis is sitting on the steps.
Alexis: AHHHHH! AHHHHH! AHHHHHHH! said while grabbing her crotch.
Ben: Lex, do you have to go to the bathroom said while picking her up and dragging her out of the pool.
Alexis: Not anymore.
Me: Did she pee in the pool?
Ben: Nope. She pretty much peed on me.
Me: Okay, good to know.


I am cutting and curling a ribbon to tie onto a birthday present.
Alexis: Mommy, can I have a ribbon?
Me: Sure, Lex, here you go.
Alexis ties the ribbon to the doorknob of the door to the garage.
Me: Alexis, why did you tie the ribbon on the doorknob?
Alexis: Because it wasn't pretty.

1 comment:

  1. We have been going and going for the last couple of months and I have just had an opportunity to catch up with your posts all of which are entertaining and informative. Last night I saw the movie "Julia and Julia". In the movie the young Julia posts to her blog wondering if anyone is reading. Believe me, people are out there reading and enjoying your Blog. For me I see each you all but your blog always complements what I observe in person.

    So
    We are out there reading.

    Kids DO say the darndest thinks!!

    I am proud that you got to the airport early!

    Life is ALWAYS an adventure and our perception of it is what determines if the adventure will be exciting and fulfilling so keep looking for the rainbows.

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete